WELCOME to Auntie Shahz HomeBake

"Having a celebration - anniversary, birthday, lunch, hightea, dinner, festive seasons - or just craving for yummy cakes & cookies? Allow me to take you through a tour to decide.

12 May 2012

Touring Auntie Shahz HomeBake

I take great pleasure in introducing my HomeBake cakes and cookies online. A website which I am very excited about, as it is self-created sans professional help. What you see is what you get (WYSIWYG). Some photos were taken by my husband, but now I have taken over the job with a good phone camera. Things get better through time...like wine...and I am glad to say that it applies to my cakes and cookies too.



My cakes are flavoured with spices and essences, sans alcohol. I have categorised my cakes:

Special Cakes - varieties of Cake Lapis, Fruit Cake (steam), Sugee Cake, CarrotCake


Clockwise (L-R): Auntie Shahz Traditional Cake Lapis, Prune Lapis and Fruit Lapis

Traditional Cake Lapis:
This is a 15-layer cake, painstakingly and patiently prepared and baked every layer. It is a cake not to be hurried. But, the result is simply "ooh la la"...the texture is moist, spongy, enhanced with the flavour of spices. Once you eat a slice, you will crave for more.

Prune Lapis: The Prune Lapis is baked with prunes between the layers, and spiced to enhance the flavour of prunes. Definitely a must for prune lovers.

Fruit Lapis: The Fruit Lapis is baked with glace mixed fruits between the layers, and spiced to enhance the flavour of the fruits. The cake is not just pretty but also extremely delicious.


With improved technique, my lapis "melts in the mouth".







Fruit Cake (Steam): This cake has a lovely molasse flavour which gives it the distinct dark colour. Enhanced with spices and honey to complement the glace mixed fruits, the cake is steamed for 3 hours.











Sugee (Semolina) Cake: As the name implies, one of the main ingredients is semolina which is hard round grains of wheat - its texture is grainy. Semolina has to be added into the creamed butter with milk and allow to stand for 2 hours. Eggs, flour, almonds will then be added to form the batter, and baked for one and a half hour. Almond lovers, this is the cake for you!
Frosting to a cake is like accessories to a woman...haha... Broiled Coconut Frosting blends extremely well with the almond. >> SpecialCakes and scroll down to Sugee Cake.








Newest: CARROT CAKE with Lemon CreamCheese Frosting: The cake is a rich and supermoist spice cake, full of nutrients: cooked carrots blended with crushed pineapple, loaded with walnuts and raisins, just enough shredded coconut for texture. A generous lemon creamcheese frosting - tart fresh lemon juice and tangy zest - complements the wonderful flavour of the spice cake. Its a "health-uva" cake!!






Click here for details.







Butter Cakes - Walnut Butter Cake, Prune Walnut Cake, Marble Cake




Walnut Butter Cake (photo): Light and moist, the butter cake is full of nutritional chopped walnut and chocolate rice. Loved by adults and children alike.

Other Butter Cakes available:

Prune Walnut Cake: Instead of chocolate rice, prunes are added. Spice is also added to enhance the flavour of sliced prunes and walnuts. Not only delicious, but also nutritional.

Marble Cake: Vanilla and chocolate swirled to give a blended delicious flavour.

Click here for details.







I would also like to add Cupcakes soon. It is still at the stage of testing and I always believe in giving the best quality. I tested some recipes on cupcakes - vanilla (photo with cream cheese frosting), chocolate, lemon cream cheese and ginger flavours. They were quite good, but I would like to improve them better. Eventually, I would like to introduce savoury items too, like pies.












My cookies are categorised as followed:





Pineapple Tarts - Tangerine, Cheese and "Open"
These are staples for Chinese New Year, which also symbolises fortune and prosperity.






Cookies - Almond Sugee, ChocChips (with nuts), Double ChocChips and Pistachio Shortbread

 



They are "pop in the mouth" size.


Click here for details.
















BAKES: Email on advance notice @ Bake4Me.





Shelf-Life: This is the most frequently asked question (FAQ) posed to me. HomeBakes are made only upon order. They are fresh and can keep longer. Cookies, unopened, keep for 3 months. But, must be kept in a cool, dry place away from the sun. Refrigerate, and they will keep for about 6 months. Cakes, must always keep refrigerated, if not consumed immediately. Refrigerated, they can keep for about a month.

However, I am very happy to say that my clients are able to finish the products within a fortnight...longest.






5 comments:

  1. Auntie Shahz's creations are not to be messed about ! her cakes are great but boy ! the mooncakes are the bestest of the best ! cheese pastry and green tea filling (healthy enough to ward off the guilt of the sinfully delicious cheese!) gosh, you haven't lived until you tasted it !
    I was introduced to it by her friend and I love the way how compact the packing is,no fear of the cakes being in crumbs after a long journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! My favourite is the tangerine pineapple tart, the crust simply melts in your mouth, and the filling is wonderfully fresh and moist. The almond sugee and pistachio shortbread are also great! Try the cake lapis too, you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traditional Cake Lapis....my first time ever...and it will not be my last time!!The most beautiful cake I've ever tasted,flavors to excite and please the tastebuds.Taste is heavenly and its impossible to resist another slice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shah!

    Wow, all your cakes/cookies look terrific & I bet they taste even better! Its been a long time since I tasted the kueh lapis & sugee cake. Will have to order those 2 of my favorites from you when I next go back to Singapore...probably next year! Wish I had met you sooner! :)

    Katherine Grant

    ReplyDelete